Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Last Chapter

The last chapter of the book was a pretty happy chapter. Tom made a full recovery after he was shot in the leg. Jim is finally freed, and Tom gives Jim forty dollars for all of his troubles. Jim also once again relates his good fortune to a superstition of having a hairy chest.
Overall, I think that Huck and Jim would have saved a lot of their troubles if they had just stuck to their original plan. By going along with what Tom wanted to do, they got into more trouble than what they should have had. Tom wanted to rescue Jim in an extravagant way, just like they do in books. The goal of Huck and Jim’s trip is completed. Huck got away from Miss Watson, who was trying to “sivilize” him, and Jim finally became a freed man.

7 comments:

viv danko said...

First off Great Post Abbey! I agree with you that they got themselves into more trouble because they did things the way Tom wanted done and it was more risky. They did get what they wanted but they had to pay some consequences for it! Great post!

Drew Red said...

ABBEY I LOVED THE POSt!!! IT MADE ME SO HAPPY BECAUSE IT WAS A HAPPY ENDING, I AM SOO HAPPY FOR YOUR POST I AM COMMENTING IN ALL CAPS!!! I THINK IT IS GREAT THAT HE HEALED FROM HIS GUNSHOT WOUND!! :D

ryno91 said...

I agree that this was a happy ending and that everything that happened was overall a good thing. You can tell that you put a lot of time into this blog and that you paid attention to all of the details.
Good Blog!

Rory P said...

Abbey, you said that it was a happy ending, and to a certain extent it was, but I think it was actually a said ending. We never find out what happens to Jim, and Huck completely abandons Jim. Huck then leaves for the west and Jim never supposedly never sees his family again. I would argue that the ending is actually sad, but overall, you make many valid points. Good post.

katie collins said...

Abbey,
I agree when you say that the last chapter of the book was a pretty happy chapter. Many people in my class thought that the last chapter was sad. But I agree when you say it was happy. I think it was happy because Jim became free, just like you said. I also agree when you say that Tom made things way harder than they were. I think that when Jim stayed back for Tom that really shows a happy ending. Very good blog, Abbey! :)

Bsneed23 said...

I agree with you. Your blog was good Abbey. This chapter was sort of a Happy ending because at the end everybody got what they wanted. Except the fact that Tom got shot. Jim is sort of satisfied but we never find out if he reunites with his family so therefore he might not have got what he wanted.

Scottie Boi said...

Nice post abbey. I agree with it being a happy ending and how they would have gotten in less trouble if Huck and Jim would have stuck to their original plan. Everything did end up the way it should have a i guess but i wish we could have known what happened to JIm.