Monday, November 24, 2008

Ruining the King and the Duke's Plan

The King and the Duke plan to steal six thousand dollars in gold. They want to steal all of the family’s property then leave town in the middle of the night. Huck feels horribly when he finds out the King and the Duke’s plan, so Huck decides to devise a way to steal the money from the two con men. Huck discovers the six thousand dollars in the room of the King and the Duke. He decides to hide the money in the coffin of Peter Wilks, however, he runs into a bit of a problem here. The coffin is sealed and buried along with the money inside. Huck told one of the sisters the truth about the King and the Duke. They then come up with a plan to expose the two men. The actions of Huck in this scene show maturity. Huck decides to do the right thing because he feels poorly for knowing the Duke and the King’s plan all along.

2 comments:

viv danko said...

This is a great post! I liked how you talked about what happened with the Duke and King and went into detail. I agree that this showed that Huck had good character and he was willing to do the right thing! Great post!

Anonymous said...

Abby I thought that this was a great blog. I'm not gonna lie, when I first read what was going on in the book I was a little confused, too much stuff was going on and I guess I just wasn't thinking straight. Your blog helped me understand the details more clearly so thank you.